A Biosystematics Plant Taxonomist trained at the University of Lagos, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science in Nigeria, West Africa, Dr. Ifabukunmi, O. Adewale is an internationally known theoretical and practical scientist in the field of Traditional Medicine.
Dr. Adewale is also the founder and Medical Director of the Adewura Natural Medical Centre in Lagos State, Nigeria. His compound in Nigeria hosts approximately 817 medical plan species in his personal botanical garden.
Dr. Adewale is one of the leading architects of traditional medicine education and has been a member of the Lagos State Board of Traditional and Alternative Medicine since 1992 serving on various committees of the board - notably the Social and Welfare Information, Education, Research and Planning Committee. Pharmaceutically,
Dr. Adewale is a manufacturer of many leading potent herbal remedies. Notable of these remedies are BP DETOXIFIER 101 and CLEANSER 109 MIXTURE that naturally cleanses the blood. He was the presenter of ISEMBAYE (African Traditional Values), a 30-minute weekly program on Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) between 1987 and 1991 as well as IWOSANIBILE (Traditional Healing) on state radio station, Radio Lagos State of Nigeria (now EKO FM) between 1994 and 1998.
Over the past two decades, Dr Adewale has been a visiting lecturer at many universities and has made presentations and publications on Yoruba traditional beliefs and practices and the spiritual and medicinal properties of tropical plants, among which are:
- NATURAL MEDICINE IN THE ENDING MILLENNIUM. Paper presented at the Lagos State Traditional Medicine Board. (Published 1999)
- THE HEALING POWER OF HERBS , THE JOURNAL OF TECHNO-SCIENCE. UNAD Centre for Research and Development, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. (Published 1999)
- BOTANY AS THE TOOL FOR OVERALL DEVELOPMENT OF MANKIND, LAUTECH. Ogbomosho, Oyo State, Nigeria. (2002)
- THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE IN THE INDUSTRIAL WORLD AND OTHER SPECIALIZATION, LAUTECH. Ogbomosho.Oyo State , Nigeria. (2002)
- THE PLANT OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE. ADEWURA NATURAL MEDICAL CENTRE-Publisher, Lagos State, Nigeria (2002)
- HEALTH MEDICINE AND INDIGENOUS PHARMACOPOEIA, Havana, Cuba. (2003)
- ETHNO BOTANY IN MODERN NIGERIA, University of Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria. (2004)
- TRADITIONAL AFRICAN SPIRITUAL HEALING. The OLIVE LEAF. New York, NY USA. (2004)
- 32 TRADITIONAL PLANTS MEDICINE. Minneapolis - St. Paul - Bloomington, MN; Tallahassee, FL USA (2004, 2005)
- EWE - THE MEDICINAL PLANT'S PROPERTIES. Chicago, IL USA (2005)
- INTRODUCTION TO ORISA PLANTS. Atlanta, GA USA (2005)
- CONSERVATION & SUSTAINABILITY: MEDICINAL PLANTS & TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE. African Healing Wisdom Conference, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. USA (2005).
- INTRODUCTION TO YORUBA CULTURE & RELIGION (DVD ON SALES). Miami, FL and New York, NY, USA (2006).
- ORISA. Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute, New York, NY, USA (2006)
- ORISA & MEDICINAL PLANTS (DVD ON SALE). Charlotte, North Carolina; Baltimore, Mary Land: Washington, DC; New York, NY USA (2006)
- INTRODUCTION TO YORUBA RELIGION AND CULTURE - ORISHA AND MEDICINAL PLANTS (DVD ON SALES). NY Open Center, New York, NY USA (2006)
- THE EFFECTS OF CLEANSER 109 MIXTURE ON MEASLES. Case study in 1,526 children, ages 2-11 between June 2002 and May 2005. NAFDAC and Lagos State Traditional and Alternative Medicine Board, Nigeria 2007
- THE EFFECT OF CLEANSER 109 MIXTURE ON DYSMENORRHOEA. Case study of 2,014 female subjects ages 15 - 25. between June 2003 and May 2006. Miami, FL., Tallahassee, FL., and New York, NY, USA, NAFDAC and Lagos State Traditional and Alternative Medicine Board, Nigeria 2007